1. Devries, M. C., & Phillips, S. M. (2015). Supplemental protein in support of muscle mass and health: advantage whey. Journal of food science, 80(S1), A8-A15.
2. USDA. 2015. Agricultural Marketing Service. AMS – USDA. [Online] April 24, 2015. [Cited: January 15, 2019.] https://www.ams.usda.gov/sites/default/files/media/Whey%20Protein%20Concentrate%20TR.pdf.
3. Kanda, A., Nakayama, K., Fukasawa, T., Koga, J., Kanegae, M., Kawanaka, K., & Higuchi, M. (2013). Post-exercise whey protein hydrolysate supplementation induces a greater increase in muscle protein synthesis than its constituent amino acid content. British Journal of Nutrition, 110(6), 981-987.
4. Morifuji, M., Kanda, A., Koga, J., Kawanaka, K., & Higuchi, M. (2010). Post-exercise carbohydrate plus whey protein hydrolysates supplementation increases skeletal muscle glycogen level in rats. Amino acids, 38(4), 1109-1115.
5. NIH. What are proteins and what do they do? US National Library of Medicine. [Online] [Cited: January 15, 2019.] https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/primer/howgeneswork/protein.
6. Jäger, R., Kerksick, C. M., Campbell, B. I., Cribb, P. J., Wells, S. D., Skwiat, T. M., … & Smith-Ryan, A. E. (2017). International society of sports nutrition position stand: protein and exercise. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 14(1), 20.
7. Churchward-Venne, T. A., Murphy, C. H., Longland, T. M., & Phillips, S. M. (2013). Role of protein and amino acids in promoting lean mass accretion with resistance exercise and attenuating lean mass loss during energy deficit in humans. Amino Acids, 45(2), 231-240.
8. Frid, A. H., Nilsson, M., Holst, J. J., & Björck, I. M. (2005). Effect of whey on blood glucose and insulin responses to composite breakfast and lunch meals in type 2 diabetic subjects–. The American journal of clinical nutrition, 82(1), 69-75.
9.Pal, S., Radavelli-Bagatini, S., Hagger, M., & Ellis, V. (2014). Comparative effects of whey and casein proteins on satiety in overweight and obese individuals: a randomized controlled trial. European journal of clinical nutrition, 68(9), 980.
10. Campbell, W. W., & Leidy, H. J. (2007). Dietary protein and resistance training effects on muscle and body composition in older persons. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 26(6), 696S-703S.
11. The National Academies Press. 2005. Dietary Reference Intakes for Energy, Carbohydrate, Fiber, Fat, Fatty Acids, Cholesterol, Protein, and Amino Acids. Washington DC : National Academies of Sciences Engineering and Medicine,
12. Samal JRK, Sama IR. (2018). Protein Supplements: Pros and Cons. 15(3):365-371, s.l. : Journal of Dietary Supplements, Vol. May 4.
13. McAdam, J., McGinnis, K., Beck, D., Haun, C., Romero, M., Mumford, P., … & Roberts, M. (2018). Effect of Whey Protein Supplementation on Physical Performance and Body Composition in Army Initial Entry Training Soldiers. Nutrients, 10(9), 1248.